PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT VALUE
Earning the Registered Employee Benefits Consultant® (REBC®) designation elevates your credibility as a professional. The field of employee benefits continues to evolve rapidly. A year does not go by without new government regulations, new or modified coverages, and new techniques for controlling benefit costs. To best serve their clients, professionals need to have a current understanding of the provisions, advantages, and limitations associated with each type of benefit or program as a method for meeting economic security. The designation program analyzes group benefits with respect to the ACA environment, contract provisions, marketing, underwriting, rate making, plan design, cost containment, and alternative funding methods. The largest portion of this program is devoted to group medical expense plans that are a major concern to employers, as well as to employees. The remainder of course requirements include electives on topics serving various markets based on a broker’s client needs.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Describe the legal regulations and methodologies involved in benefits management
- Describe the main features of commonly provided group insurance benefit plans, including applicable regulations, contract provisions, marketing, underwriting, rate making, plan design and cost containment
- Describe the main components of the Affordable Care Act as they relate to group health benefits and ethically guide clients toward compliance with the legal regulations while minimizing tax penalties and related employment costs
- Identify the main features of employer-provided benefits
- Describe the COBRA election process, and explain the rules that apply to the determination and payment of the COBRA election process, and explain the rules that apply
- Understand core ethical business practices
- HIPAA Privacy and Security and ERISA regulations and requirements
For information on the curriculum and state continuing education (CE) credits, click here.
Visit NAHU’s REBC Designation webpage for more information.
If you have questions regarding our REBC Designation, please contact email@example.com